Friday, March 26, 2010

IVCF Prayer Warriors!

I was in Pierpont Commons on Tuesday and met Evan and David, two members of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship who were stopping passersby, asking if anyone would like to write on a Prayer Wall.
Of COURSE, I stopped for a chat.
It was a wonderful time of connection. These two prayer warriors have a vision for bringing radical prayer to campus, and the Prayer Wall was such an amazing way to engage people of various levels of faith or even different faith traditions such that they praise and petition God. A great conversation-starter too!
Their plan was to take the prayer wall and hold several prayer meetings to lift up the requests written there, as well as to pray for the people offering the requests. How powerful!
Needless to say, I got completely stoked about this.
David and Evan are committed to propelling the IV/PrayUM relationship forward in the coming days, starting with a partnership on continuing this Prayer Wall business.

LOVE IT.
In other news, I have gotten SO MANY opportunities to pray with people over the last week! It's been fantastic. Prayer is becoming a precedent in many of my relationships, and a defining point of connection. Two cool experiences I had this week were literally praying Rob to sleep, as well as when Megan called me in the middle of the night to ask me to pray for her freedom. Ugh. It was beautiful.
This has been a fantastic week.
Lastly, I've been thrilled to have my laptop back from the brink of death, so I can listen to Bethel sermons again, and virtually-attend the IHOP-U Student Awakening services. It's not about the goosebumps, but they're a nice added bonus. I treasure the time I had at IHOP, and like to electronically visit, but God is doing so much here, how could I possibly want to be anywhere else?!


No comments:

Post a Comment